Saturday, January 23, 2010

I made a purse and you can too

I am excited for a couple of reasons. The first one is I ordered a cartridge off of the cricut rewards site using my reward points. This means it was free. I didn't even pay for shipping. I was expecting it to take forever to get to me but alas it arrived in just 5 days. I ordered it on the 17th and it arrived on my doorstep on the 22nd. Talk about super quick.

For the longest time I have been seeing these super cute paper purses and wondering how in the heck do people make then. I have mentioned before I don't get a whole lot of time to scrap so a lot of times I will go for projects that are quick and painless. So I kept shying away from the cute little purse as it looked way too difficult. Little did I know that once the Accent Essential cartridge I ordered off the cricut rewards site arrived I would have a nice simple way to make that cute little purse.

Big thank you to Miss Mona from http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2009/03/polk-dot-purse-tutorial-and-video.html for her wonderful detailed video describing every detail of this project. I was truly blown away by how much time and energy she put into ensuring we all can make this cute purse. So again Thank you Miss Mona you definitely inspired me!!

Here is my finished purse. And now I just have to fight my daughter for it apparently she thinks it was made for her funny little girl that she is.




Thank you for checking it out and please feel free to leave a comment or become a follower :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Your purse is AMAZING!!! I love your ribbon flower & all the other pretty accents! Thank you so much for linking little ole' me & for emailing me your link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Purse Julie! That will make a cute little gift bag for someones special!

    ReplyDelete